Monday, March 14, 2011

About the Ikimono Buchineko

I came across the Ikimono cameras again at Peek! last week. This is the camera that got me started into all these lo-fi photography! I thought I should just get one of these "endangered species" as a keepsake since it's just for a few dollars. My favourite animal is the cat... Of course, I chose the Buchineko among the rest of the cute little cameras! *meow*
- - - - -
The sweet little Ikimono 110 cameras are the bestselling mini cameras in the world. The Ikimono uses 110 film and feature illustrations of little creatures, called ikimono in Japanese, by Mika Sasaki. The plastic Ikimono snaps over a 110 film cartridge to make a tiny camera that fits in your palm or pocket. Easy to use with a simple advance knob and a one click shutter, the resulting photos have a unique retro look. 110 film was first introduced and made popular in the 1970s. Tiny, cute, collectible, and fun, the Ikimono 110 camera series has sold like crazy in Japan.

No comments: